Transmission line design
Studio Pietrangeli has been working in the field of transmission line design for more than 30 years.
Over 7,000 km of transmission lines projects
Our transmission line design concerns high voltage from 132 to 500kV. In our transmission line design we carefully select the grid points to connect, the voltage level, the reliability of the line route and its interferences with the protected natural area, the peak load requirement of the interconnection (eventually in accordance with the related HPP production), in line with the national grid code issues. We usually identify more than one feasible scheme or route and evaluate an indicative cost estimate. We pay special attention to capabilities and harmonization with the existing transmission facilities, minimization of power losses and reactive power issues.
Studio Pietrangeli’s experience in transmission line design
The firm’s recent expertise in performing consultancy services for the implementation of transmission systems can be summarised as follows:
- Gabon – Congo 400kV transmission line, 360km
- Koysha – Gibe III 400kV transmission line, 140km
- Kamanyola – Kibuye 220kV transmission line, 100km
- multinational Ruzizi III HPP Project 220kV interconnection, 9km
- Ethiopia - Kenya 400kV interconnection, 1150km
- Lufubu Hydroelectric Cascade scheme in Zambia, 330kV (200km to Kasama and 65km to Mporokoso) and 132kV transmission lines (85km)
- 220kV transmission line associated to the Rumakali Hydroelectric power plant, in Tanzania, 94km
- Batoka Hydroelectric scheme cross-border project with the interconnection between Zambia, at 330kV, 204km and Zimbabwe at 400kV, 140k
- Beles-GERDp HPP interconnection at 400kV, 240km in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Sudan-Egypt interconnection from GERDp HPP, at 500kV in AC (700km) and at ±600kV in DC (2330km)
- Namakhvani transmission line at 220kV, 82km
- Bumbuna-Freetown transmission line at 161kV, in Sierra Leone, 205km
Transmission line design full services
Studio Pietrangeli's engineering services cover all the aspects of large transmission line design from conception to feasibility, through investigations, environmental impact assessment, preliminary design, final design, technical specifications, employer’s requirements and tender documents, construction design, supervision of construction and technical assistance during definition of contractual terms.
For more information about our services and projects
Please contact us
Use this form to ask information